International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security

Volume 6, Issue 8, August 2018

 

 

The Effect of School Culture, Motivation, and Principal Leadership on Teacher Performance and Quality of Education (A Case Study of a Junior High School in Tangerang)
 

The Effect of School Culture, Motivation, and Principal Leadership on Teacher Performance and Quality of Education (A Case Study of a Junior High School in Tangerang)

Pages: 165-172 (8) | [Full Text] PDF (447 KB)
F Suwarto, A Subyantoro, Wahidin
A Professor of Economics and Business, Budi Luhur University, Jakarta
A Professor of Economics and Business, National Development University Veteran, Yogyakarta
A Student of Program Pascasarjana Budi Luhur University, Jakarta

Abstract -
The present study aims to analyze the effect of school culture, motivation and principal leadership through teachers performance on education quality. It is specifically intends to identify the dominant variables affecting teacher performance. The fundamental contribution expected is that it can theoretically enriches insight and knowledge about improving the quality of education; provides input of actual knowledge in improving the quality of human resources; practically useful for schools in evaluating the management practices that have been implemented thus far; and as the material to consider, especially in efforts to improve teacher performance and quality of education. The first analysis of this study shows that variables X1, X2, and X3, simultaneously, affect Y by 0.989 or 98.9% R. Square (adjusted), while the rest 1.1% variables are excluded from the research analysis. X2 has the dominant effect on Y with regression coefficient equals to 0.690, at a significance level of .000. The second analysis shows that variables X1, X2, and X3, simultaneously, through teacher performance (Y), have an effect on Z by 0.5979 or 59.79% R. Square (adjusted), while the rest 40.21% variables are excluded from the research analysis. As for (Y), it has the dominant effect on education quality (Z) with the regression coefficient equals to 4.385 at a significance level of .010.
 
Index Terms - School Culture, Work Motivation, Performance, Leadership, Education Quality

Citation - F Suwarto, A Subyantoro, Wahidin. "The Effect of School Culture, Motivation, and Principal Leadership on Teacher Performance and Quality of Education (A Case Study of a Junior High School in Tangerang)." International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security 6, no. 8 (2018): 165-172.

Hybrid Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm with Chicken Swarm Optimization Algorithm to solve Global Optimization Problems
 

Hybrid Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm with Chicken Swarm Optimization Algorithm to solve Global Optimization Problems

Pages: 173-181 (9) | [Full Text] PDF (1.02 MB)
H T.Yaseen, B A.Mitras, AS M.Khidhir
M. Sc. Student, Department of Statistics and Informatics, College of Computer Science and Mathematics, Mosul University, Iraq
Prof. Dr . Department of Mathematics, College of Computer Science and Mathematics, Mosul University, Iraq
Asst.Prof.Dr. Computer Center, Northern Technical University, Mosul, Iraq

Abstract -
ABSTRACTIn this paper, a new hybrid algorithm was proposed to solve the global optimization problems that combine the invasive weed optimization algorithm with the chicken swarm optimization algorithm. The invasive weed optimization (IWO) algorithm is a stochastic algorithm inspired by the colonial behavior of weeds that was first proposed in 2006 by Mehrabian and Lucas. Due to their strength and adaptability, weeds pose a serious threat to cultivated plants, making them a threat to the cultivation process themselves. The behavior of these weeds has been simulated and used in the invasive weed algorithm. The chicken swarm optimization (CSO) algorithm is a natural-inspired algorithm that simulates the hierarchy of the chicken swarm and the behavior of the chicken swarm, including roosters, chickens and chicks in their search for food and lifestyle, first proposed in 2014 by Xian bin Meng et al. In order to benefit from the intelligence of the swarms and to avoid falling into local solutions, a new hybridization process was proposed between the invasive weed optimization algorithm and the chicken swarm optimization algorithm to launch the new hybrid algorithm (IWOCSO). The new hybrid algorithm (IWOCSO) applied on 23 functions of the global optimization problems. The proposed algorithm showed very high efficiency in solving these functions. The proposed algorithm was able to reach optimal solutions by achieving the fmin value for most of these functions. It was statistically tested by calculating the mean and the standard deviation on these functions.
 
Index Terms - Optimization, Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm, Chicken Swarm Optimization, Hybrid Algorithms, Swarm intelligence

Citation - H T.Yaseen, B A.Mitras, AS M.Khidhir. "Hybrid Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm with Chicken Swarm Optimization Algorithm to solve Global Optimization Problems." International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security 6, no. 8 (2018): 173-181.

An Optimized Model for Transition from Ipv4 to Ipv6 Networks in a Cloud Computing Environment
 

An Optimized Model for Transition from Ipv4 to Ipv6 Networks in a Cloud Computing Environment

Pages: 182-195 (14) | [Full Text] PDF (753 KB)
SW BARASA, SM MBUGUA, SM KARUME
Tutorial Fellow, Department of Computer Science, Kibabii University, Kenya
Senior Lecturer, Department of Information Technology, Kibabii University, Kenya
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Laikipia University, Kenya

Abstract -
The paper proposes a novel optimized model for transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks. The aim of this paper is to design the Original IPv6 Transition Controller Application and compare its performance with 6to4 tunneling using OPNET 17.5 with identical traffic and network loads. The analysis is based on an experimental design with simulation for better, faster and a more optimized solution through empirical measure of the process. The OPNET Modeler simulator was used to accurately model and predict the behavior of the real world system. The purpose of such detailed modelling efforts and analysis was evaluated using distinct performance metrics: data access (measured through response times of database queries), video conferencing (measured through video packet delay variations and end-to-end packet delays), and IP telephony voice communications (measured through jitters, mean opinion score, packet delay variations, and end-to-end packet delays). The paper presents the redesigned network model for ensuring that the IPv6 Transition Controller can control all the voice, video, and data sessions through “traffic recognition and routing” and also verifying the ToS status of the traffic and controlling the prioritization accordingly using IPv6 Transition App. The final results show that the model is optimized besides, focusing on traffic recognition, routing and prioritization, it ends up being the best design concept to achieve IPv6 deployment and high quality of service.
 
Index Terms - IPv4, IPv6, 6to4 Tunneling, NAT, OPNET, ToS

Citation - SW BARASA, SM MBUGUA, SM KARUME. "An Optimized Model for Transition from Ipv4 to Ipv6 Networks in a Cloud Computing Environment." International Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Security 6, no. 8 (2018): 182-195.